Whats today about?
Temptation! Do you know what it means? Can you name some things you maybe tempted to do?
Jesus was tempted and challenged to do some things which he knew weren’t right and listen to someone (Satan) who wanted him to do wrong. Sometimes we can be tempted to do things we know aren’t right but God can be there to help us when we are.
Today we will hear the story, reflect, make some bread, pray and listen to a song.
QUESTIONS? CHOOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- What was your favourite part of the story?
- Would you have been tempted to take the things Satan was offering?
- How did Jesus stop being tempted in the story?
- Have you ever been tempted?
- Can we learn from Jesus what to do when we are tempted.
Craft – Bread!
- 200g/7oz plain or wholemeal flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100ml/3½fl oz warm water
- 2 tbsp oil (olive, sunflower or vegetable), plus extra for cooking
Use this BBC food Flat bread recipe to make the bread.
While you make the bread think about how Jesus was tempted and challenged to do things he knew weren’t right. How can you resist temptation? Who helps you do the right thing, Like Jesus did in the bible?.
A PRAYER challenge
- Balance a book on your head. Time how long you can do it for.
- How many times can you hop on one foot?
- Have a staring contest, look in to someones eyes and the first one to blink looses.
- If these are a bit easy make up some challenges for yourself.
Jesus was challenged by Satan in the desert. These challenges help us to remember that difficult things can happen in life and with others as well.
Say this prayer to remember that God is with us in our challenges because Jesus went through them like we do. We may not have deserts to go through but sometimes it can feel like it!
Heavenly Father help us when we go though tough challenges, Be with those who have big challenges to overcome (you may wish to think of someone who you know who needs help). Guide us to help others who need a hand in difficult times. Amen