If you would like to join us each week we are live on Sundays at 2pm over on: www.facebook.com/groups/familiescma
What’s today about?
Have you ever been given a job to do? What was it? How did it go?
In our story today Jesus gives his friends an important job. They had been following Jesus around for a while watching what he did, hearing what he said and being guided by him. Jesus asked them to go out on their own to tell people that Gods kingdom was coming.
We are asked today to do the same, maybe on a smaller scale but still love our neighbours and tell people about the news that they can be part of Gods family too.
We’re going to hear from the Bible, pray together, explore what it means to us, and have a song as well.
Hearing from the bible!
Let’s listen to this bible story:
You can find that story in the bible in: Matthew 28. 16-20
Questions? Choose one of the following questions.
What would you have felt like being one of the disciples being sent?
What were the most important parts of the story?
How would you feel to be asked by Jesus to do those things?
Can you imagine where Jesus might send you?
Let’s Pray – Arrows
We think about God sending us, To show God’s love to people and to tell them about Jesus.
- Scissors if you want to cut your arrow out.
What to do:
- Draw a big arrow on your piece of paper
- Draw/ write/ squiggle where God sends us on the arrow.
- Pray: Jesus calls us to be good news and to share good news. May God be with us as we do these things today. Amen.
- Put your arrow near the door or somewhere near where you would go before leaving the house e.g. near shoes, coats or even the loo!
Responding to the story:
Have a go at the activity to help think about the story:
Craft – Megaphones
Jesus told his disciples and his friends that they should tell people about him how would we do this today? Make a paper megaphone to help us think about how we might tell good news to others.
- Paper or pipe cleaners.
- Paper/plastic cup
What to do?
- cut out the bottoms of the cups.
- If using pipe cleaners poke holes in the cup, and cut the pipe cleaners in half. Insert the pipe cleaner into the holes you made, tape down the ends inside the cup.
- If using paper cut a strip of paper and stick it on to the cup like a handle.
- Write on the cup “Good news, Jesus loves you”
- DECORATE! You can use pens, stickers or anything you can think of!
Follow the instructions found here for the paper mega phone if you dont have a cup you can print out:
Game – Obstacle course
It couldn’t have been easy for the disciples, they would have to overcome many things like fear, people not liking them and long journeys. God promises to be with us when we face obstacles. What obstacles or tricky things do you face? You could think about asking for God’s help next time you face an obstacle.
What to do?
Set up an obstacle course in your house and see how long it take you to get round it!
Think: What is the bravest thing you have done?
Rend co kids- My Lighthouse