Our Annual Ministry Area Gift Day is coming up on Friday 1st November – All Saints’ Day.
This year, we’re looking to do something a bit different – we want to give half the money raised away to a local cause. So we’re looking for ideas of who to donate to!
- They must be a local charity working in Cardiff and/or South East Wales (national and international charities won’t be considered, unless the donation can be targeted toward a specific local subsidiary or project).
- They must be registered with the Charity Commission.
- The deadline for nominations is midnight on Sunday 13th October.
- All nominated charities will be considered by a small panel, who will assess each cause on the grounds of financial accountability and transparency, and produce a final shortlist of three.
- In the two weeks leading up to the gift day on November 1st, we will invite congregation members to vote on their favourite cause, then announce the final decision at the beginning of the day itself.
- People will be invited to contribute to the Gift Day in person by popping into All Saints’ Cyncoed or online, with half the proceeds going to our Ministry Area churches and half towards our nominated charity.
We need you!
If there’s a cause you’re passionate about, then nominate them by commenting on this post (scroll down!), with the name of the charity and your personal reason for choosing them. Alternatively, you can email your nomination to email@example.com.