What’s today about?
I wonder what questions you have? I wonder What you find hard to believe? What are your doubts?
Easter has happened! We have celebrated Jesus coming to life after his death on the cross! Thomas had a hard time believing this good news from his friends. But he would see Jesus and believe that he was alive. It is okay to ask questions and think about things before we believe. We can talk to God about our questions and doubts when they come up.
We will listen to the story of Thomas, pray together and respond to the story in a creative way.
Hearing from the bible!
Let’s listen to this bible story:
You can find that story in the bible Matthew 28: 1-10
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
What parts of the story were your favourites?
What were the most important parts?
Do you find this story hard to believe?
If you could be any character in the story who would you be?
Lets Pray – Questions to god
What to do:
We can have lots of questions about ourselves, the world, God and others they can be big or small.God loves to hear our questions, the happy ones, the curious ones, even the sad and angry ones. Write or draw a question you have for God, write as many as you like! Place them all together.
Thank you God for questions, help us know that you love us and we can come to you with all our puzzles, worries, joys and wonders. Amen
If you have a big burning question post it in the comments and we will see if we can answer it!
Responding to the story
Have a go at one of these activities to help think about the story:
Craft: Cup phones
- Paper/plastic cups or empty tin cans (parents to check that they are safe, You can put duct tape or similar over any edges to cover)
- String or twine
- Something sharp to poke a hole
- Parent to help
Follow this link to see what to do:
What to do:
Telling people good news is a wonderful thing to do! Just like Jesus’ friends did to Thomas. It can be sometimes hard to understand or believe really good news! God loves it when we talk to him about our joys and things we are thankful for.
- Get two people to hold one cup each.
- Pull the cups till the string is tight
- One person speaks into the cup
- One person puts puts their ear against their cup and listens
- Take turns to to work out what each other is saying what you want to thank God for.
Think: Who do you share good news with? How would you feel if they didn’t believe you?
Game: True or false?
- Someone to be quiz master and read the true or false questions.
What to do:
Ask the questions and see what ones you can get right!
- Earthworms breathe through their skin. – True
- A shrimps heart is in its head – True
- Fingernails grow faster than hair – False
- Sneezes are usually faster than a car on the motorway – True
- A slugs blood is green – True
- You can get warts from touching toads – False
- Snow White’s seven dwarfs all worked as lumberjacks – False
- No bird can fly backwards – False
- Baby koala bears are called joeys – true
- Giraffes Say MOO – True
Think: What helps you believe in something?
Think: What makes someone trustworthy?
Great big god