Whats today About?
When was the last time you where at a party? Possibly a long time ago!
Can you imagine being at party and the cake running out? Or all the drinks? In todays story all the wine ran out at a wedding Jesus was at, no one knew what to do and they where a bit worried. Jesus knew what to do though.
Today we are going to hear a story, reflect and pray.
QUESTIONS? CHOOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
- What was the most important part of the story?
- What part of the story stood out to you?
- Have you had anyone help you when you where in need?
- Why do you think Jesus did this miracle?
CRAFT TIME! – Play!
Play out the story
You can use your acting skills or your art skills to do this!
Tell the story again either acting it out or using Play-Doh or clay or even some toys.
Questions to ask yourself
imagine you are there:
- How did it feel when the wine ran out?
- If you were the servants in the story how would you feel being asked to fill the jars?
- How did it feel to see the miracle?
- What do the people at the wedding do when they see the water has turned to wine?
PRAYER TIME – Water to wine
- Cup of water
- Squash (your favourite)
Take the cup of water and try and turn it into wine.
You probably can’t actually I don’t think anyone could. But Jesus did! We can sometimes face things that seem impossible but with Jesus big things can seem more manageable.
Pour some squash in the cup of water and think about God being with us and ask God to help us when problems come along you may like to pray:
God who loves us, When things seem impossible help us trust that you are with us. Help us to enjoy life and give us peace. Amen