Whats Today About?
Have you ever waited for something? Or looked forward to being able to get something new? Maybe a game, toy or your teams kit! I wonder if there is something you can’t wait to get?
In our story today we see a big reveal! Jesus is baptised and revealed to be Gods Son!
We are going to hear the story, do a craft and pray together!
Questions? Choose One Of the Following
- What did you think of the story?
- What was the most important part of the story?
- If you were on the banks of the Jordan what would have you thought about what happened when Jesus was baptised?
- Have you been baptised, what does it mean to you?
Craft Time! – Doves
We have two crafts for you on easier and one that’s a little more tricky!
You can think about while you make the dove how Jesus was given a special title and Job, What does God want us to do?
Dove with wings
You will need: card, paper, pens, string, and tissue paper (plain paper will do if you don’t have any)
Instructions can be found here: https://www.dltk-kids.com/animals/mflyingdove.html
Hand print dove
You will need:
For the paint version: Dark paper or card, White paint, black pen and a plate of the paint.
- Pour white paint onto the plate and press a hand into the paint.
- Press spread out a hand on the paper
- Leave to dry
- Add eyes, legs and beak with a pen when dry
For a paper Cut out version: White paper of card Pen and Scissors.
- Place hand on paper
- Draw round hand
- Add eyes, legs and beak
- Cut out the dove.
What you need:
- Bowl of water
- Rocks ( can use anything heavy even like a spoon)
In our story, Jesus is baptised, when we baptise people today, we may talk about peoples Sins (the wrong things we do) being washed away. For our prayer today, we will hold on to our “rock” (or whatever you can find) and ask God to forgive us when we have done wrong. Then drop your “rock” into the bowl of water. Think about how god washes away our sins. You may want to thank God for his love for us as well!