Whats today about?
What do you see? Do you see letters or funny shapes? Try looking from a different angle or moving closer or further back from the scene… did anything change?
In our story today Jesus changes in front of his disciples and some special people appear as well. Jesus wasn’t just a man, he was special, he was God’s son. Sometimes people aren’t what they appear to be the first time you see them which shows us we shouldn’t judge people by what they are like on the outside. If we did we may mistake Jesus for being a poor man from Nazareth and not the son of God!
You may like to give these a try as well?
If your a bit stuck this video helps to describe what was going on:
QUESTIONS? CHOOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- What bit of the story was the best?
- How would you feel if you saw what the disciples did?
- Who is Jesus to you?
- What would you have done if you were one of the disciples?
Stained Glass Craft
Jesus was transformed in front of his disciples eyes to see that he was Gods son and to know he was worth listening to and following. In some churches we have stained glass which tells us stories from the bible and reminds us of important people. Today we are going to make some stained glass. Draw the story out from today and when it’s ready to hang you can place it somewhere as a reminder to follow Jesus.
- Baby or cooking oil small amount in a cup.
- Cotton Buds or paper towel
- Bluetac or tape to hang picture on window
- Draw out an outline of the story in a dark pen. Try to make the lines thick.
- Colour in the story with bright colours.
- When the pen is dry gentle dab on the oil with cotton bud or cloth.
- Let the picture dry again.
- When dry hold it up to the light to see the light shine through.
- Hang it somewhere to remember that Jesus is worth following.
God open our eyes to see who you are. Help us to follow you all of our days. Keep us safe and in your love. Amen