Whats today about?
Whats the best news you ever had? How did it feel? Was it a surprise?
Easter is about the death of Jesus and what surprised his followers was that he didn’t stay dead. He rose from the grave! God brought him back to life. He died so that we can have a life with God forever. Jesus’ friends started the day sad that they had lost Jesus but … SUPRISE! It turned into a happy day.
Today we will watch a story ask questions about it, craft, pray and hear a song.
Question time! Pick one or more question to answer:
- What was your favourite part of the story?
- What was surprising?
- How do you think they felt when they found the tomb empty?
- Why did Jesus die?
Craft – Easter Garden
For our craft today we will be making an Easter garden. The garden reminds us of the whole of the Easter story: Jesus’ death and resurrection for us, to free us from sin (the wrong things we do) and open up the chance for us to be a part of Gods family. Easter day was a happy day, Jesus was alive, make it as happy as you can!
- Tray or dish (shallow)
- Soil or compost
- Moss, grass or sand
- Thread or string
- Pot (small yoghurt for the tomb)
- Stone to cover the pot opening
- Gravel and other decoration
1. Using the soil or compost fill the tray.
2. Place the pot on the soil then cover with the soil to make a hill make sure the opening of the pot is visible.
3. Then add the moss, grass or sand.
4. Using the twigs and thread or sting make 3 crosses and place them on the hill you made. Reminding us of Jesus death.
5. Place your stone next to the pot opening to make a tomb. Keep it open to remind us that Jesus didn’t remain dead; He rose!
7. Using the gravel make a path to remind ourselves of Jesus’ friends who found the empty tomb and went telling everyone Jesus is alive.
Paper and Pen
Draw a cross on the paper:
Draw or write a thank prayer to God in the cross for:
- Loving us
- For all the good things we have.
- For our friends and family
- That Jesus is alive and we can live forever with him