Please note: The deadline for this vacancy has now passed.
We are looking to appoint a new Administrator & Office Co-ordinator, who will help us to resource our vision to ‘grow God’s kingdom for the good of our neighbours.’
You can find all the details of the role below, or download as a PDF.
You can call our Ministry Area Leader, the Revd James Henley, for an informal chat about the role on 07955 402871 or email him any queries.
To apply for this role, download a copy of our application form and return by 12.00pm on 30th June 2019.
Aim of the Role: To co-ordinate the administration of the Ministry Area, supporting the Ministry Area Leader and Ministry Area officers with record keeping and communication.
Line manager: Ministry Area Leader
Place of work: Church Office, All Saints’ Cyncoed
Hours of work: 15 hrs per week – Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 12.30pm
Salary: £17,550 pro rata (£9/hr)
- Co-ordinate team of office volunteers, managing rota and assigning tasks;
- Track stocks of office and church supplies and place orders when necessary;
- Manage communications coming into the office including dealing with telephone calls and general church email;
- Ensure effective administration of Churchsuite database;
- Updating and managing personal details of church members
- Co-ordinating hall and other venue bookings
- Managing online calendar
- Support finance administration by inputting data into Excel spreadsheets and filing invoices/receipts.
- Comply with all Ministry Area operating policies and procedures.
- Support the aims and values of the Church in Wales and Cyncoed Ministry Area.
- Contribute to the effective running and development of the Ministry Area.
- Undertake any training or personal development as required.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by your line management.
|Essential or Desirable||How this will be assessed|
|1||Willing to work within the ethos and values of the Church in Wales, and towards our Ministry Area vision||Essential||Interview|
|2||Good general education to GCSE or equivalent||Essential||Application Form|
|3||Able to work in a structured and organised way, and prioritise tasks||Essential||Interview|
|4||Effective written communication skills||Essential||Application Form|
|5||Good interpersonal and communication skills; having a professional manner and able to co-ordinate volunteers||Essential||Interview|
|6||Good knowledge and confident in use of Word, Excel, Outlook (or other email package) and the Internet||Essential||Application Form|
|7||Able to learn our online church database software (ChurchSuite)||Essential||Interview|
|8||Ability to maintain integrity and an understanding of the importance of, and ability to deal with, confidential information||Essential||Interview|
|9||Experience gained in a previous administration role||Desirable||Application Form|
|10||Knowledge and experience of basic accounting procedures and terms||Desirable||Interview|
|11||Previous experience utilising similar database software||Desirable||Application Form|
|12||Experience of creating content for social media – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram etc||Desirable||Application Form|